Regional Scholar Travel Grant
ASEEES is able to offer a limited number of travel grants up to $1,000 to subsidize the travel of faculty, research specialists, and independent scholars who permanently reside in Eastern Europe and Eurasia to present their papers at the ASEEES Annual Convention.
Grant applications will be judged on intellectual merit of the paper topic with a view to disciplinary and regional balance. Where possible, priority will be given to candidates who are first-time convention presenters or junior scholars whose institutions offer limited funding.
Up to $1,000 USD as reimbursement for convention travel, accommodations and other direct expenses
Applicant must be:
- A permanent resident and currently residing in any of the following countries: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan;
- Presenting a paper on a regular panel at the ASEEES Annual Convention (chairs, discussants, and roundtable participants are not eligible to apply);
- Must be a regular member of ASEEES at time of application. Please note affiliate, joint, and student members are not eligible.
- NOT a student (Graduate students from all parts of the world are encouraged to apply for the Graduate Student Convention Travel Grant);
- NOT a recipient of ASEEES regional scholar travel grant in the last three years (eg, if you received the grant in 2019, you are eligible again for 2022).
May 31 (All applicants will be notified of their status by mid-June)
All applicants must complete the online grant application form, which includes the paper title, abstract, tentative travel budget, statement of need, and curriculum vitae
Since our funding is limited and we wish to fund as many deserving applicants as possible, we urge applicants to be practical in estimating their travel and lodging budget.
Awards will be disbursed upon presentation of receipts in the weeks following the convention.
Please consider contributing to the new Regional Scholar Travel Grant Fund. Help us increase the number of grants that we can provide.