2019 Board Elections
The elections for the ASEEES Board of Directors are held annually in the summer. This year, there are four seats up for election: the President-Elect/Vice President, the two Members-at-Large serving three-year terms from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2022, and the Graduate Student Representative serving a two-year term from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2021.
2020 VICE PRESIDENT/PRESIDENT-ELECT / 2021 PRESIDENT / 2022 IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT
The Vice President is elected annually by ASEEES members and is designated President-Elect. After serving one year as Vice President, she becomes President the following year. After one year in the presidency, the President is designated Immediate Past President and serves an additional year as a member of the Board of Directors. (vote for one)
- Sibelan Forrester, Susan W. Lippincott Professor of Modern and Classical Languages and Russian, Swarthmore College
- Irina Shevelenko, Professor of Slavic Languages and Literature, University of Wisconsin-Madison
2020-2022 MEMBERS AT LARGE
Two members-at-large are elected each year by ASEEES members, to hold office for three (3) years. (vote for not more than two)
- Michael Kunichika, Associate Professor of Russian, Director of Amherst Center for Russian Culture, Amherst College
- Karen Petrone, Professor of History, History Department Chair, University of Kentucky
- Kimberly St. Julian-Varnon, History Instructor, Lee College
- Emily Wang, Assistant Professor of Russian, University of Notre Dame
2020-2021 Graduate Student Representative
- Mina Magda, Ph.D. Candidate in Slavic Languages and Literatures, Yale University
- Christina Novakov-Ritchey, Teaching Fellow, Department of World Arts and Cultures, Ph.D. Candidate in Culture and Performance, University of California, Los Angeles
Information about how to vote electronically will be distributed by email to current members at the end of June. Paper ballots will be distributed to members without email addresses on file and those who have requested them. Please send paper ballot request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Voting will end on September 1, 2019.