Committee for Careers Beyond Academia
The Committee for Careers beyond Academia revised its charge approved by the ExCom on May 18, 2021.
Established in 2013, the Committee for Careers Beyond Academia is charged with the following:
Facilitate resources, professional development opportunities, and networking opportunities for ASEEES members exploring careers beyond academia;
Identify resources for ASEEES faculty whose graduate students are considering careers beyond academia;
Expand ASEEES membership to include those who are professionally engaged with and have specialized knowledge of the region and who work outside of academia.
- Laura Schlosberg, Stanford U, 2020-2022, Chair
- Terrell Starr, Journalist/Entrepreneur, 2022-2024
- Rachel Rothstein, The Weber School, 2022-2024
- Elana Jakel, US Holocaust Memorial Museum, 2021-2023
- Shana Penn, Taube Philanthropies, 2021-2023
- Dan Peris, Federated Investors, 2018-2023
- Steven Stoltenberg, US Department of State (retired), 2021-2023
ASEEES Staff Liaison: Kelly McGee, Deputy Director/Director of Membership