Southern Conference on Slavic Studies
ASEEES's oldest and largest affiliate, SCSS's purpose is "to promote scholarship, education, and in all other ways to advance scholarly interest in Russian, Soviet, and East European studies in the Southern region of the United States."
Primary Contact: Sharon Kowalsky
- President: Sharon Kowalsky,Department of History, Texas A&M University-Commerce
- President-Elect: Elizabeth Skomp, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, Stetson University
- Secretary-Treasurer: Harold Goldberg, Department of History, University of the South
- Past-President: Olavi Arens, Department of History, Armstrong State University
- Executive Council:
- Margaret Peacock, Department of History, University of Alabama
- Maria Ivanoa, Slavic Languages & Lit., University of Virginia
- Steve Barnes, Department of History, George Mason University
- Yvonne Howell, Slavic Languages & Lit., University of Richmond
- Kathleen Macfie, Slavic Languages & Lit., University of North Carolina-Greensboro
- Bob Bobroff, Department of History, Oglethorpe University
SCSS's 2020 annual conference will be held on March 12-14, 2020 at the Westin Poinsett Hotel in Greenville, South Carolina. Refer to the SCSS website for more information about the 2020 SCSS conference as well as information about past meetings.
The Deadline for Submission of Proposals for the 2020 Conference is January 15, 2020.
Dues for the Southern Conference on Slavic Studies for the calendar year (January-December) are:
- Life Membership: $ 250
- Annual Membership (income over $40,000): $ 30
- Annual Membership (income under $40,000): $ 20
- Student or Contingent Faculty Membership: $ 10
Please make your check payable to SCSS. Include regular mail, email, and phone contact information. Send to:Harold J. Goldberg
Department of History
735 University Ave.
University of the South
Sewanee, TN 37383